Also, after the call, I'll include a partial transcript of the highlights...
UPDATE: Sen. McCain spoke to bloggers for about 5 minutes, and then took about 25 minutes of questions this morning at 10AM ET. Highlights include:
- Sen. McCain emphasized his "Time for Action" tour this week to Alabama, Ohio, Kentucky, Louisiana and today to Mike Huckabee's home state Arkansas. He has been visiting places "left out of America's economic success" in the past decade, and emphasized that as President he would seek to serve all Americans.
- When asked by Hugh Hewitt about Senator Obama's comparison between Bill Ayers -- an unrepentant terrorist and founding member of the Weatherman responsible for bombing the US Capitol, the State Department and the Pentagon -- and Tom Coburn -- a sitting US Senator who has advocated severe penalties for those performing abortions -- Sen McCain said he was "offended by the comparison" between his colleague and friend Sen Coburn and a terrorist and was surprised that Sen. Obama's comparison had not been covered more fully by the media.
- Sen. McCain continued to emphasize -- when asked repeatedly by bloggers about an Ad in North Carolina that he condemned and encouraged the NC Republican Party not to run --that he thought the campaign should focus on the vast differences between the candidates on the issues (tax cuts v. tax increases, national security policy, role of government in American's lives) and spend their limited resources in that way.
- In response to a question about President Carter's visit with terrorist organization Hamas and Hamas' endorsement of Sen. Obama, Sen. McCain stated that he's sure Hamas would not endorse him for President.
- Sen. McCain finished the call at 10:30AM ET, and was on a flight to Little Rock, Arkansas, where he will meet Gov. Huckabee today and visit Arkansas Baptist College.